RSS

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Tucson Gem Show


Kordelia Devonshire and Derek Synklaire, some of my closest girlfriends that I have met through modeling, came to Tucson for a few days for the Gem Show. This is a huge event for Tucson that lasts almost a month. Vendors and wholesalers of gem and minerals come from all over the country and various parts of the world. It is a major boost the for the city's economy, but it leads to way more traffic . I try to avoid driving this time of year. It's worse then Christmas!


Kordi and Derek ran around the exhibits like kids in a candy store. They are really into the energy of the gem and minerals and were fascinated with everything! It was a lot of fun to go with them. They filled me full of all kinds of info about various stones...what kind of energy they hold, the mood they can put you in, their healing powers... it was neat! Kordi had me pick up a variety of stones with my eyes closed and hold them for a moment. She asked if I could feel anything from them, or if I was drawn to hold any one stone over the others. I didn't really "feel" anything, but I did like holding stones that were green more than other kind of stone. This was interesting because by looks, I tend to go for the pink stones. My boyfriend even kept picking up the pretty pink ones to show them to me, knowing I'd like them. But after Kordi's lil' experiment, I attempted let go of what I thought looked pretty and looked for stones I liked to feel and hold. Strangely enough I ended up picking up green stones more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright TracytheTiger 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .