RSS

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spelunking in Peppersauce Canyon

For the past few months Josh and I have been separated and it was heartbreaking spending Valentines Day without him. After coming home from W. Virginia I was really missing him and wanted to see him really bad. I didn't have much hope for a future together, but hoped that we could at least repair some of the hurt that was done and build up our friendship again. I knew doing some kind of activity would be the best for us, so I asked him to go spelunking with me.

This was very exciting because even though I've been through the cave 4-5 times already, Josh has never been. This has always surprised me because he is a rock climber. He's climbed on Mt. Lemon for years, but has never explored the cave found along the backside of the mountain. Since he introduced me to climbing, along with several other adventurous activities, I was thrilled to be able to introduce him to something! He was like a little kid getting to go to the zoo for the very first time. He was super excited and thrilled I came up with the idea. I even think he was quite impressed!

And it was the best idea. We had a wonderful time! The past and future slipped our minds and we went on an adventure in the present. Nothing else matter expect for us, the cave and our head lamps. At one point Josh got me to keep my light off for more than a second. It was pitch black and uber scary! I kept hearing that gurgling sound the cave monsters make in the movie The Descent and started freaking out. He kept me from turning the lights back on until I really started to panic...which only took about 15 seconds. I can't imagine running out of light and getting lost in a cave. That would be my worst nightmare. I am so afraid of the dark it's ridiculous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright TracytheTiger 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .